Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Diggin You

While you might expect a very groovy post after my 70's-esque title, it is really just a lead in to today's card using a stamp set that has really gone to the dogs. OK, enough puns and mystery...how about a card? I want to show you one that I worked on a little while ago and just never got around to posting. I have another in progress on my desk but it won't be ready until later so here ya go...

I used a favorite set by Our Craft Lounge called Pat the Bad Dog and for the sentiment, I used Pat the Dawg House. I love how all those Pat the Dog sets work so well together. It is one of those simple cards that could be used for a friend or a significant other. My kids even got a kick out of it so kids would enjoy it too. On the inside, I left it without any more wording but stamped one of the coordinating border stamps of a dirt bed that had obviously been "dug."

My paper choices were some oldies from my stash...more of me trying to use up my copious amounts of printed paper. I colored the images with my Copics. For some reason, I color Ole pat the same way every time. He is just too cute as a brown dog! I need to branch out and make him a Dalmatian or something. I think he may be bored with brown LOL!

I think that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend. I will be doing the housework thing and hopefully stamping a little while the hub watches college football. Even though I am NOT a sports fan, I do love college football season because that means while the hub crashes on the couch for as many games as he can manage, I am at my stamp desk in the same room playing happliy with my toys. The best thing we ever did was move into our current house with our lovely bonus room that holds his favorite flat screen TV and a leather loveseat as well as my scramp stuff. I happily share my craft space with him so that we may peacefully coexist. He has a TV and a computer and I have my toys so there is never an argument about how much time one of us spends at our favorite pastimes. We are together and occupied with an activity we love. Who could ask for more? Happy Friday!

Papers- Imagination Project Woof!; Bo Bunny clover dot. Stamps- OCL Pat the Dawg House; Pat the Bad Dog. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- EK (1 3/8 & 1 1/2in ) circle punches; Michael's ribbon. Embellishments- favorite findings buttons. Pens- G94, YG03, R37, E57, W1, E02, E31, E37, C7, E33, Booo.

No comments:

Post a Comment