Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another Challenge with a Few New Stamps

Howdy, y'all! I have a cute (in my opinion!) new challenge card to show you and I used a new stamp set to make it. I am so excited about this new set. I think it is very versatile and it is tons of fun to color. More about it in a minute though. I have to tell you that today's card is also my offering for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #81. I love their stamps but I haven't gotten the opportunity to order any just yet so I used what I have to play along with them this week. How about a picture first and then a few details? Here ya go!

It is a little card...4 1/4 inches square. This is that fun little size that makes it possible to use standard A2 envelopes which saves on extra postage. It makes such a fun little greeting! My sketch, as I mentioned above, came from Taylored Expressions. Now, about my stamp set! It is a newer set from Clear Dollar Stamps and it is called Everyday Jar-gon. It includes tons of adorable images that can be used together. I promise you will be seeing me use it again. There is a jar with several lid options as well as various "fillings" that go in the jar like gumballs, cookies, and even a gold fish! The sentiments included are perfect for the images and I have to say that I just love the font they are written in. They can be used with several stamps that I already own too. Yay! I used Copics to color my image and I even tried one of those yummy new colors. The top of the jar, above the water, is colored with the new pale blue Copic, B0000. It is fantastic for coloring glass. It gives just enough shading to mimic a glass item. I have played around with reflections and shadowing and it is great for that too.

I also want to mention that I used the Spellbinder Blossom die to cut the blue flower shape under the green Prima flower. I have had it for months and have not used it yet. How crazy is that? I am very happy with that shape. It looks great nested with other sizes or used with plain circles. It is really versatile. The stamped image panel was cut with the new Spellbinder's Labels #8 die set. I have been saving my pennies so I could order the Stampin Up Bigz Top Note die but I am pretty glad I waited now. This set includes 6 sizes of basically the same shape as a top note which makes it much better for matting images.

One last thing I want to point out is the ribbon I used. Pretty, huh? Well, it was free! A few weeks ago, it was a free gift from Archiver's during a big Make & Take weekend. They offered a free ribbon sampler made by American Crafts exclusively for Archiver's. It came with 40 feet of ribbon and they are all delicious. My only complaint is that you only got 4 ft of each ribbon. Now, I am hooked but can't buy any more just yet, if ever. I just hope that these ribbons will be sold at some point in the future. Four feet each is just a tiny taste!

I think I have jabbered enough today. Lots of details in this post! Anything I didn't mention is listed below. If I have forgotten something, drop me a note and I will be glad to tell you about it. Have a great Sunday and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. Buh-bye!

Papers- October Afternoon Fruit Stand; SU ultrasmooth vanilla CS (thanks to my CS swap buddy!). Stamps- CDS Everyday Jar-gon. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- Spellbinders blossom & labels #8 dies; corner rounder. Embellishments- Prima daisy flwr; favorite findings buttons; DMC #746 emb cotton; American Crafts ribbon. Pens- SU (taken with teal, old olive, always artichoke) Copic (YG95, BG72, BG18, B21, B32, B0000, 0, spica lemon); Marvy blender. Sketch- TESC81.

No comments:

Post a Comment