Thursday, September 10, 2009

Friends are the Family...

that you pick yourself. Isn't that a sweet sentiment? Well, it is the basis for today's card. I am back in a "no hoarding, just use it up" phase and I found some things that I had forgotten about... an older Doodlebug photopolymer stamp set and a DSP pack from several Stampin Up catalogs back. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch and this week, I even checked to make sure I was using the current sketch. Yay, me! Here is my card...

And the inside...

Cute, huh? I thought so anyway. I tend to gravitate towards bright, fresh colors when I stamp floral images but the bolder colors of my papers, from the Darling Doodles DSP series, were appealing to me for this card. I have always loved these papers but I ended up "saving" them and if I don't use them soon, I just know they will seem to dated to me and it will go unused. The stamp set I used is called Doodlebug Friends. It was one of Doodlebug's first clear cling sets. I love all of their stuff. Their images and papers just jive with my style of scrapping and since my kids are still young (and the photos I am scrapping are of them even younger LOL), they really work for me.

I have friends coming over for a day of scrappin and yakkin so I am off in a hurry once again. Check out my supply list below for anything I didn't mention. Have a great day!

Papers- SU Darling Doodles DSP; SU CS (purely pomegranate & wild wasabi). Stamps- Doodlebug Friends. Inks- SU craft brocade blue; memento tuxedo black. Tools- BB swiss dots emb folder; EK circle punches. Pens- Copic G24, R39, B34, R02, B32. Sketch- Mojo Monday #103.

No comments:

Post a Comment