Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hey Cupcake!

Good Morning! I'll be quick today. I have such a busy day planned and lots of projects that I want to finish so I can show you here. My new SU order finally came...late because of our weather...and I have lots of new toys that are calling my name. Today's card has a cupcake but it isn't another one of my cupcake b-day cards. I promised I would take a little break! I think this one could be used as just a friendly greeting or on a birthday too, if you wish. It's just a sweet and friendly card. I picked a cheery pink plaid since cupcakes are often pink in my mind. Why? I dunno. I used a little glossy accents to enhance the flower on top of the cupcake and then a little bling to balance the bottom half. The inside is blank so I can write whatever in it when it comes time to mail it. I love the "hey cupcake" sentiment! This is one of my new stamps from my visit to the stamp store a few weekends ago. I have plenty of ways to say this but I just loved the font and the size so I figured what the heck? I'll save myself the trouble of setting it up in Word to print everytime I want to use this greeting.

This card is more simple and "tidy" than many of my designs but that has been my mood lately. I piled on the embellishments and layering on so many of my holiday cards, I guess I just need a break. I have been in sort of a rut lately too. I get out new stuff to play with and end up just staring at it with no plan. That isn't like me. Usually new materials excite me and have me on a scrampage (LOL) but lately I can't even get going when I look in my sketch book which almost always spurs me to create. Does this happen to you? Even when you have new beautiful toys? I have GOT to find my groove!

I'll be back very soon with my Mojo Monday #76 offering. I almost finished it today when I scrapped with my buddy but it still needs tweaking. I'll have some new stuff done with my new stamp sets and embellishments too. I ordered several new SU sets as well as paper packs and I also have some new Gina K Pure Luxury that calls my name when I forget about it on my desk. Right after CHA is such a fun time to scrap and stamp! Today's card will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop this week and my supply list is below. Have a great day!


Papers-Scrapbook Wizard plaid; DCWV hot pink CS. Stamps- Hero Arts Clear Design Cupcakes; Hey Cupcake by Impression Obsession. Inks- Memento Tux Black. Tools- piercer; corner rounder; plastic canvas (template); EK 1 3/4in circle punch; Marvy blue scalloped circle punch. Embellishments- Kaiser Self Adhesive Rhinestones #SB702; Ranger Glossy Accents; Diamond Stickles (flower center). Pens- Copic YG25, YG13, RV19, Rv14, RV23, Y17.

No comments:

Post a Comment