Saturday, March 7, 2009

Branching Out with My New Toys

In addition to using lots of new materials on today's card, I am going to try a new format for my posts. I think I will try posting my photos after I have told you a little bit about my project for the day. I think it will be easier to follow and just look better in general. Always tweaking and tugging!

I finally got a chance to use some of my new stamps, inks, and papers. I sat down and tried to stick to a sketch that I loved from last week but decided that if it didn't lend itself to my play, I wouldn't worry too much. Low and behold, I found my oomph again! I think my rut is over!

I used Taylor Vanbruggen's Cupcake Challenge Sketch #57 as a jumping off point for my card. You may find the original sketch and Taylor's card using it right here. I loved the way the 2 panels showcased a tall, rectangular stamp image so I pulled out my new SU Branch Out set. I love it! The leaf stamp is so delicate and ethereal. Along with the bare tree stamp, they really recreate a spring tree just coming into leaf. For paper I chose a cute plaid from the DCWV Sweet 8x8 pad. I generally love these pad collections and I especially love the smaller pads because the pattern scale is so much better for cards and small albums. For example, cupcakes and woodland critters are cute but make them tiny and they are even more adorable.

Since I had several new ink pads just waiting to be opened, I used several here. I think some of my favorite ink right now is the Memento colored ink collection. It goes down on paper like a dream. The tire swing is stamped in London Fog and the leaves use New Sprout. The pink background is embossed with one of the new larger Sizzix embossing folders. They fit an entire A2 card unlike the older size. This one is called Spring Flowers and it comes in a 2 pack that also includes a new paisley folder. Too cute!

So, are you ready to see the card? I left the outside sans sentiment but the inside says, "Let life's simple pleasures fill your heart with joy." We would all be better off if we remembered this little ditty. I printed the sentiment in MS Word and mounted it inside the card.


My supply list is below if you would like to know the items I used that weren't mentioned above. If you would like to purchase this card or others, I will be listing it in my Etsy shop very soon. Thanks for stopping by and have an utterly fabulous weekend. OK? I mean it! :)

Papers- Plaid from DCWV Sweet 8x8 pad; Bazzill Carob Cream CS; SU Pretty in Pink. Stamps- SU Branch Out. Inks- SU craft Creamy Caramel & classic Pretty in Pink; Memento dye London Fog and New Sprout. Tools- SU wide oval punch; Coluzzle oval template; CB Lg Spring Flowers emb template. Embellishments- MM 5th Ave button brads. Pens- Tombow #391 (boots). Font- Andrew Script 14pt; RGB code= 90-57-44.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! LOVe LOVE this card!! Such a sweet color combo! Embossing, buttons, everything...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Love the spring colors and the little button brads along the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It makes me want to pull out my Branch Out set and start stamping!

    ReplyDelete