Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad Days and Good Days

The "Bad Days" part of my title refers to my card for the day and I can't wait to show it to you. The "Good Days" part of my title refers to today, right here on my bog, because today will be my 50th post. I want to take just a minuteto thank you really quick before I get started telling you about my card. I am having a ball writing this blog and showing you my work every week. It thrills me when I log on and see that a new friend or even an old one has left a sweet comment under my card for the day. I love to check my stat counter and see that visitors from all over the world have looked at my work and even better that many return day after day to check in! I hope to keep doing this for as long as I can and also as long as someone pops in to read my chit-chat. Thank you for making this so much fun!

And now, today's card. I used a stamp set that I have coveted for at least a year. I saw it on Clear Dollar's website before I even started selling cards and knew that it would be mine one day. I ordered it and I love it. Which set you ask? It is
Sometimes You're the Bug and it is too cute. I will order the companion set, Bugs and Kisses soon but I had to pace myself or my PayPal debit card would have burst into flames. This set is really versatile, not to mention funny and cute too. That VW bug is great to color and I love all the little add-ons like a crack for the windshield and all the license plate options. You will be seeing me use it often. You wanna see it now? I thought so...

I had a lot of fun with this card but it took me many tries to get the embellishments chosen and arranged not to mention how I struggled with my paper choices. Recently, I saw one of my favorite bloggers post a card using papers that not only didn't "match" but they also had nothing to do with the "subject" of the card and I LOVED the final result. This is soooo not my typical way of making cards. I rarely leave my comfort zone of coordinate papers and somewhat themed patterns for my cards. For example, I have a hard time using a botanical print on a birthday card. I am in awe of the creativity I see on the web when it comes to picking paper for a project since I am such a stick-in-the-mud. Well, I tried to climb out of the box and choose a similar palette for my VW bug card. I knew I wanted the car itself to be the funky lime green that VW launched when the Beetle was re-released on the market and went from there. Well, I may just try this approach more often. I felt so liberated! LOL!

As far as embellishments on this card, I think they are all pretty easy to figure out except for maybe the keys. Those were some brads from Making Memories that I hoarded from years past. I removed the prongs and attached a jump ring around 2 of them before crumbling a glue dot to stick up under the bottom key. So, whatdaya think? I am happy with my results. I can't wait to stamp this car again and use another color scheme and message. I bet you'll see it again soon. Until then, have a wonderful weekend. Yep, it's Friday already! Tune in next week because I have a few new projects on my desk and a new stamp set to play with so there will be plenty of fun stuff to see. BYE!



Papers- Doodlebug black bouquet; Paper Pizazz green gingham; Reminisce basic graph. Stamps- Clear Dollar Sometimes You're the Bug. Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black. Embellishments- favorite findings black buttons; MM key brads; MM brass jump rings; 1/4in black grosgrain ribbon by Scrap Essentials. Pens- Copic (YG13, YG17, C1, C3, C5, B000, RV19, R37).


1 comment:

  1. Love this card! Great colors and the keys are darling!

    ReplyDelete