Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birdie Birdie


Hello again! I hope your weekend was wonderful. Ours was fantastic. I got lots of stamping done and then on Sunday, it snowed here. My kids had a ball and so did their mom and dad. We just don't get much of the white stuff around here. So now, I am ready for a little spring time stuff again. Today's card uses a cute little bird image and some papers that I have been hoarding for way too long. I kept it simple because I wanted to feature the cute stamp. I found this sketch in my idea book but I didn't write down a name with it and now I find that there is no watermark identifying it either. I vaguely remember seeing several cards using this lovely sketch so maybe it was a challenge????? If you know its origin, please give me a shout so I can give credit where it is due. OK?

There are no big technique surprises here. I paper pierced the border of the circle and the bird's "voice" is enhanced with a clear Sakura Jelly Roll pen. It is kinda hard to tell from my photo though. I have the supply list below. If you would rather just buy this little card and save yourself the trouble of making it, it will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop very soon. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Daisy Bucket Under the Boardwalk Driftwood; DCWV navy CS; kraft CS. Stamps- Hero Arts Sweet Bird; SU Very Punny. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- paper piercer; Paper Studio 2 5/16in circle punch; Marvy 2in circle punch. Embellishments- Michael's Textured Trios 3/8in ribbon; Paper Studio aged copper brads. Pens- Zig pure orange; Copic (E57, B34) ; Sakura Clear Jelly Roll pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment