Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eggstra! Eggstra! Read All About It!

If I don't get the Corniest Blogger Award, who does? I mean, really? My hubby may take away my blog license if I'm not careful. Corny or not though, I have a card to show you and it's an Easter one. I had to hurry and snap a few pictures in between rain drops. We are getting another few days of rain! I can't complain though because GA is in a terrible drought and we have strict water restrictions. Maybe this rainy winter and spring will help us a little this summer when the mercury hits 100 degrees.

Enough about the weather...you came to see a card. You're in luck because I actually have one to show you! Like I said, it's an Easter card. I CASEd myself because I was in a hurry last night and I was fresh out of ideas. I made the original so long ago though, it may even be a copy of a design I saw somewhere on the web. I keep an idea journal and before I blogged, I didn't always put a name with the sketch. My own ideas and ideas I saw elsewhere got written down all together so I hope I am not claiming this one unfairly. Speak up if this sketch is your idea. I will gladly give you credit. Anywho, about the card...


The papers are Doodlebug from a few seasons ago. DB used to be one of my favorites and then they went a little off the beaten path with their products (IMO). No one needs coarse, sandy glitter on every sheet in a collection. "Sugar coating" is an understatement. I find their glitter to be way too rough and it comes off the paper just about EVERYWHERE. That being said, I still think their graphics are adorable and their older stuff is among my stash as the "hoarded favorite stuff."

My egg image is a Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby) wood stamp that I have had since Methusela got her hair done for prom. I love to color those stripes though! It is stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury. My sentiment was printed on my computer since I don't own any corny stamps such as this. ;) For the rest of my goodies, I made my list below. Thank you ever so much for coming out in the rain to read my blog! Oh...wait a minute...you...didn't...um...:D


Papers- Doodlebug Baby Girl Ribbon Stripe & Baby's Breath DSP; SU pink pirouette; Hobby Lobby textured lime green and lavender CS; Gina K Pure Luxury white CS. Stamps- Stampabilities striped Easter egg. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. tools- SU eyelet edge punch. Embellishments- clear dew drops by Robin's Nest. Pens- Copic (RV11, Y13, RV02, YG13, YG06, BV00, V12). Font- Whackadoo 16pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment