Saturday, August 22, 2009

Well, the Weather Outside is Frightful...

but not in the way you might think! It is hotter than blue blazes where I live but it sure felt good to make a card about Christmas and winter. This week, Our Creative Corner hosted a Christmas in August Challenge. I decided to go a little non-traditional with something other than red & green for my card. Have a look-see!

and here is the inside of the card...

This paper choice could not be any more different for me if I tried. When I think holiday card, teal and bright green don't typically come to mind, huh? I loved the paper as soon as it came out though. Then, my polar bear stamp arrived in the mail and it was a no brainer to put these 2 together. I always like to keep a few winter/snow themed cards around at the holidays because there are always a few people on your card list that either don't celebrate Christmas or you just don't know much about their traditions during the holiday season. Snow and winter images are perfect for these types of cards. I know I will be able to use every one that I made of this card. Not to mention that I think the polar bear is way too cute not to give it to someone this holiday season!

My card arrangement came from Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (MTSC35). I love her sketches! Even when I don't have time to play along, I file away the sketch for later use.

I know I promised to show my new lunch note set. I need to get a good photo so all the details will be easy to see. Unfortunately, it has been a little cloudy every time I try to get a good shot. I should be able to get a good one so that I can show you tomorrow. They are really cute (if I do say so myself) so I can't wait to post them. Don't miss it! Have a great weekend. I hope you have nice weather in your neck of the woods. Ciao!


Papers- Cosmo Cricket Breezy Freezy; ATS ivory copic quality CS. Stamps- Imaginisce Polar Bear Snag Em; SU Just Celebrate; Snadylion Clear Stamp Borders. Inks- Tim Holtz Distress (broken china, old paper, antique linen); Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Very Vanilla. Tools- MS loop edge punch; MS snowflake punch; Nestie scalooped squares; coluzzle ovals; EK circle punches. Embellishments- Cancun Green 3/8in satin by ribbonfx; Favorite Findings buttons; Mark Richards #1941 green stones; 5mm rd lt turq stones by The Beadery; MM pewter snowflake eyelets. Pens- copic (RV11, 0, YG17, BG18, W1). Sketch- MTSC35.

No comments:

Post a Comment