Friday, August 21, 2009

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Today will be another quick post. I pulled out a card that I made during my *hiatus*...doesn't that sound important? :-D I was really happy with it so I wanted to show it off. It is one of those "no stamped image" kinda cards so no coloring which doesn't happen often at my desk. The sentiment is the only stamping. I thought it would make a nice little hello card. I always seem to need a generic notecard or 2 hanging around. Those little notes to a teacher or neighbor that doesn't prefer email. So, take a look and I'll fill in the details.

It is blank inside except for a little decoration with my scraps. Why waste em? I loved working with this DP. It is a double sided October Afternoon from the Hometown collection (called Woolworth's). I love that whole series! I may need to order a few more sheets before it disappears forever. I was short a few Primas in this particular color of blue so on a few of the 8 duplicate cards I made, I hand dyed the flowers using Copics. OMG! What are those markers not good for??? I have found that when dying Primas with Copic ink, if I sponge a little MM pearl specialty glaze over the whole flower surface, it leaves a gorgeous finishing sheen which is nice because saturating with ink makes them a little "processed" looking if you know what I mean.

I'm outta here quickly today. My complete supply list is below. I have a new set of Lunch Box Love Notes to show you sometime this weekend so poke back in if you can. Have a great weekend!


Papers- Oct Afternoon Woolworth's; Paper Co Navy Blue Brushed Cotton CS; DCWV aqua CS; bone ivory CS by Paper Studio. Stamps- Stampabilities Live, Laugh, Love. Inks- tim Holtz distress peeled paint; SU blue bayou. Tools- MS cornice edge punch; MS frond punch; Nestie oval & scal classic oval; EK sm flwr punch. Embell- Bo Bunny trims (blue); Amer Crafts ivory ribbon; Fav findings buttons; Primas; MM pearl specialty glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment