Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little Mice and Big Hearts

Hello, hello! I'm back again with something new. I went bright and bold for today. I don't often use black on cards unless it is for something like Halloween but this time, I used black, white, and pink. I really like how it turned out. So take a look and then I will tell you more...


I thought this one would make a great little thank you note, a Valentine card, or even just a sweet hello to someone special. My sketch came from one of Jen Del Muro's SFYTT. When I saw it on her blog, I thought it would be great done with several coordinates. I filed the idea away for a rainy day. Then, I got a "wild" idea (for me anyway) to pair up a few papers that don't technically coordinate just as sort of a challenge to myself. Sometimes, I guess I just get a little bored with all the coordinate collections even though I choose them often and love how matching papers look together.

So, I have established that it is a little out of my comfort zone because of colors and mix& match papers. That being said, I am thrilled with how this card turned out! I tried a little paper piecing on the mouse's heart which was fun. I also like how the edge border looks as part of the card. I may not ever get tired of this Apron Lace Edge Punch by Fiskars. I turn to it often despite the bin full of edge punches in my scramp room. It just adds so much to any sketch. It really is a fun punch!

I better get going for today. This week is just flying by for me. My kids are on their 4th day of school already! Stay tuned because I am diligently working on a few of the 5 sketch challenges that are posted on SCS in honor of the big Verve Stamps release this week. I would LOVE to win a few goodies from the new release items. I simply adore the Verve stamps I own already. They are fantastic! I love the clean lines, crisp images, and great spaces to color. Wish me luck! I am going to need it because I bet the compettition is pretty steep.

Papers- Paper Studio Pink w/ White Swirls; MM Black Small Dot; Black CS by DCWV; MM Black Gingham. Stamps- SU Happy Heart Day. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- Marvy blue 2in circle punch; SU 1 3/4in circle punch; Fiskars Apron Lace edge punch; EK sm 6 petal flower punch. Embellishments- Craft Essentials ribbon; Favorite Findings mini buttons. Pens- Copic N3, B91, RV10, 100. Sketch- Jen del Muro SFYTT 7-18-09.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! Absolutely love black and hot pink together. The paper piecing on the heart is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a button!!! Love your black and pink and white papers and the layout. I don't own that edge punch, but it is very cute. I think I own every other one of MS and EK Success punches though. I only have a few Fiskars ones. I did really love the Verve August release too. Guess that is why I try so hard to come up with a good Mojo card at the beginning of every month. I managed to make the top 20 finalists in July, but not Aug. There's always next month, I guess:)) So good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete