Friday, August 28, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted

Happy Friday everyone! Long week, huh? It was for me. Busy, busy I tell ya. I am ready for a little bit of a weekend. I have a card for you today. I know I still have not caught up the supply list from 2 days ago but I promise I will get to it if you are waiting for it. So, on to today's card...

This one uses one of the Verve sketches from Anni-Verve-Sary week. It is AVS205. I love the sketch but I can't say I love my own choice of materials. As a matter of fact, I am not sure why I am even blogging about it. LOL! I have gone back and forth between hating this card and just sorta liking it. I think it is a little busy and does little to accent the lovely Verve image. What I do love are the paper coordinates and those darling buttons. The papers are Basic Grey June Bug and the buttons were a great find in the fabric store.

I tried something a little different when I colored the stamp image. I stamped it in a colored ink (versus black) and then filled it in with Tim Holtz distress inks and an aqua pen. I can't wait to try this again! I love that lovely ink and it was perfect for use with an aqua pen. Also different for me, I stitched on the buttons with some fibers instead of my typical hemp or embroidery floss. I chose a nubby, homespun type of fiber and I like the fuzzy look. It is a little more prominent IRL. The gemstones in the flowers are hand colored with Copics. I didn't have just the right shade and I wanted a dark rich center so I used the 2 colors of Copic pen listed below to shade them myself. It is amazing how well non-porous substances take that ink and hold on to it. You would expect smudging but I have had no trouble.

Well, I think I'm off for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. My supply list is below and I will soon list this card in my Etsy shop. If you need it sooner, please contact me. I am still really busy with my little lunch notes but I would be glad to list this or other cards just for you.

Papers- Basic Grey June Bug Daydream, Admiral; Bo Bunny Coral Dot. Stamps- Verve Floral Symphony. Inks- Tim Holtz distress inks (fired brick, peeled paint); Memento London Fog, SU vintage violet. Tools- Paper Studio 2 5/16in circ punch; marvy 2.5in circ punch; MM sanding block; Heidi Swapp edge distresser;CB swirls emb folder. Pens- copic B99 & 110 on rhinestone gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment