Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Harvest

Even though we still have months of hot weather ahead of us, I am ready for fall colors in my paper crafting. Who am I kidding? I am ready for fall everything! I love cooler weather and the fun that the later months of the year bring. It is my favorite time of year. I guess that explains why I pulled out some fall stuff for my card today.

Last week, when I played along with the
Christmas in August Challenge at Our Creative Corner, I noticed a card posted by an OCC design team member, Jenny Gropp. I loved her arrangement so I decided to CASE her sketch for today's card. You'll see why in a minute. It just works!


I had a lot of fun making this card. For one, I have always loved the apple bucket image from SU's Give Thanks. Second, the patterned paper is one that I have saved for years because I love it so much. It is an old Cosmo Cricket called Lil Susie in the Jitterbug collection. I am really trying lately to use up some of my "oldie but goodie" papers. Let's just say storage has become a problem. ;) And last, I just received a new order of Copic markers from Merri Artist and I couldn't wait to color with a few new colors. And while we are on the subject of new Copics, I need to mention that the new colors are fantastic. One that I got is W00. I used it along with W5 and W7 and it was perfect for blending. A blender would have done basically the same thing but I found that having just a little of the color versus plain blending solution gave a really nice finish to the area.

Well, I'm off. I have a busy day planned and I need to get on my horse if I want to finish my to-do list I guess. Have a great Monday!



Papers- Cosmo Cricket Jitterbug Lil Susie; misc CS from stash. Stamps- Give Thanks, Loads of Love Accessories, Thoroughly Thankful- SU. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Chocolate Chip. Tools- EK circ punch; marvy yellow scalloped circ punch; EK dotted scallop edger. Embellishments- American Crafts ribbon; MM dk red hand dyed buttons; DMC #823 embroidery cotton. Pens- Copic (W5, W7, W00, R57, R39, R37, G28, BG78, O) Zig chocolate. Sketch- Jenny Gropp/ onekraftykat.blogspot.com. (8-15-09).

No comments:

Post a Comment