Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Long Time, No See!

I took a few days off. My kids have VBS this week and I have used those precious hours to run errands and get a few things done. I got a little time yesterday to stamp though so I wanted to show you my efforts. The stamp I used has a little bit of a tale behind it. It almost ended up being a twin! My kids and I ran to Michael's to return a defective punch and while I was there, I took a quick run down the stamping aisle. I found a cute little stamp and even showed it to my daughter. I carried it around with plans to buy it but then put it back when I realized that I didn't have my coupon with me. I decided I would return with a coupon the next day, while they were at VBS. So, we were driving home and i started thinking that the stamp seemed familiar. When i got home, I came up to my room and looked in my "new" basket of goodies and there it was! I had bought the very same stamp weeks ago and forgot about it before I even inked it up! I know if I had used it, I would have been sure of owning it already but it was still uninked and waiting to be loved. So, I used it right then and made a few cards with the images. Take a look!

The next photo is the inside of the card.

I thought this kitty was just too darn cute and since I have a naughty kitty of my own, I was quite familiar with the guilty look. I know I have seen other stamps using the "Fluffles" cat by Stampendous but usually, they aren't my thing I guess because this is my first to own. It was really cute to color though!

The inside of the card just finishes the message begun on the front of the card. Ityped both sentiments on the computer and trimmed to fit my spaces. I love this technique! It is perfect for when you have a cute phrase to use but don't necessarlity own the stamp that says it. I also do this when the stamped message doesn't fit into my allotted space for whatever reason...font is too large, or I want it set up differently.


I'll add my supply list below. I forgot to mention that one of the newer Nestabilities die sets was used. I love all the new labels dies! This one is Labels Three. I love how this one looks so good with circles. They really make a nice focal point together. So, there ya go! I hope you like it. Have a wonderful day and try to stay cool. It is in the 90s here. My kids burned their feet on our trampoline yesterday. Yikes!

Papers- green CS by Remember When; brown CS by Bazzill; yellow CS from stash. Stamps- Stampendous Flower Fluffles. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- Nestie Labels 3 die; EK photo corner punch; Paper Studio 2 5/16 in circle punch; Marvy pink 2.5in circle punch; corner rounder; piercer. Embellishments- 1/4in coffee grosgrain ribbon; paper studio metallic button brads. Pens- Copic YG17, R59, E09, RV11, YR31, W1, W3, W5. Font- Poor Richard 18pt and 14pt.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Cute cat and I love the way the label die cut sets off the corners! Good colors, too!

    ReplyDelete