Saturday, June 27, 2009

Havin A Blast!

It has been so nice this week to have a few minutes to myself while my children were at Vacation Bible School. I used my 3 hours every day to do something alone that is generally more difficult with kids around. As you can tell from my title, I have had a blast! This brings me to the card I have to show you today. I am coming in right under the wire with the Mojo Monday sketch from June 22nd. It was a cute one so I really wanted to play with it. Take a look!

This card also works for the challenge over at Our Creative Corner this week that asks us to create something with stars. Since the Fabulous 4th is almost here, I thought a little patriotism would be in order. I have been waiting to try the cute little ribbon technique I have seen everywhere so I used it here. I have always loved red, white, and blue on paper projects! The Doodlebug DP is a perfect pattern for a sketch like this that uses a half & half arrangement. I like how a stripe brings the eye down to the focal point of the card.

I will probably give one of these to each of my little firecrackers next week. I made a few extras to list in my shop too so if you need a card for your own little firecrackers ( and you don't make your own), check out my Etsy shop!

Have a great rest of the weekend. Stay cool!

Papers- Gina K Pure Luxury 80#; Doodlebug Stars & Stripes. Stamps- Stampendous Fire Crackers. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- CB Swiss Dots embossing folder; Nestie deckle rectangles (lg). Embellishments- Offray Metallic ribbon; Favorite Findings star buttons. Pens- Copic @29, B18; Sakura jelly roll silver, clear. Font- Designers 18pt.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card Kyla, I LOVE your layout and design! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete