Monday, June 15, 2009

A little something for Dad

Father's Day is almost here so I figured a card for all the dads out there was in order. I, like so many others, struggle with masculine cards. I find it very hard to find a balance between attractive and too "froo-froo." My very own hubby appreciates silly so a lot of the cards I make for him lean to the whimsical side but there is always a need for cards that guys in general will appreciate. Today's card is my attempt to make such a card.


My Watermill stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps came to mind for a nice masculine image so I used that one and paired it with a conservative plaid. I used a strip of leftover card stock instead of ribbon with my little buckle. The inside is blank for a handwritten greeting.

Since my Monday's are almost always crazy, I will leave you today. It is time for me to hurry scurry to get a few things done. I hope your week is off to a great start. Thanks for stopping by!

Papers- Gina K Pure Luxury; Deluxe Designs Max's Room Plaid Blue; Bazzill blue CS. Stamps- CDS Watermill. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- SU word window punch. Embellishments- MM nickel mini buckles. Pens- Copic (R27, R59, G21, G94, G99, E57, B000, B91, B93, B95, B97, W1, W3, N1, N3, N5) Font- Rockwell Condensed 18pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment