Friday, June 12, 2009

Best Wishes

I promised a new wedding card and today I deliver. The papers I used have been in my "new" pile for a while. As a matter of fact, they were on the bottom of the "new" pile which makes them less than new but somehow, that is supposed to differentiate them from the gen-pop stash. Right? :D

New or old, I love the coordinates together. To me, when I think wedding cards, I think neutral colors with maybe a pearlescent luster. Sometimes I try to break out and use different colors but that general scheme always appeals to me for some reason. If I was feeling self important, I would describe my card today as having the quintessential wedding color combo but I am not so I will just say "have a look-see!"...


For the center focal point, I used several circle punches and my petite scalloped circle Nestabilities...FINALLY! This is one of the first Nestie die sets I bought and had never even used one of them on a project. I cut a sample the day they arrived in my mailbox and that was that! Weird, huh? I like em! I really like the smaller scallop versus the classic Nestie circles. I will be pulling these out again. It goes without saying that Nestabilities are fantastic but now to have discovered a better scallop, I feel like I just heard a juicy secret. Hehehe!

Once again, there is no stamping on my card. I printed the sentiment in MS Word using the circular text template and the wedding cake is a Martha Stewart dimensional sticker. This card is most certainly simple but simple is nice now and then. I need more simple in my life. Doesn't everyone?

My supply list is below and I will be listing this card in my Etsy shop very soon before I miss wedding season entirely. So if you need a wedding card, stop by my shop! Have a lovely and "simple" day as you get ready for your weekend. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Paper Company Wedding Cake & Wedding Silver & Gold Stripe; Bazzill Bling Pearl; Colorbok Pearlescent taupe. Tools- Nestabilities Petite Scallop Circle dies. Embellishments- Martha Stewart Dimensional Cake Stickers. Font- Kayleigh with circular text block sized at 1 9/16inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment