Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up, Up, and Away

Yesterday, my latest Verve order arrived in the mail and I immediately sat down to ink it up. This set is everything I hoped it would be! Those hot air balloons are simply adorable and so easy to color. I wanted to make a card that was a little masculine because I know I haven't made any cards fit for boys in a long time and I also figured something inspirational...maybe for a new graduate...would be in order. When I saw the balloons during the Verve release party, I thought the set might be good for that. I was right! Check out today's card...


I wanted to play with this week's OCC Challenge so I decided to keep my sentiment inside the card so that my arrangement stayed true to the sketch. The second photo is of the inside of the card. I chose a paper from my stash. It is an old Scenic Route print and I have always loved it, just never pulled it out. The girls at OCC gave us a great sketch, huh? I like the clean lines and symmetry. I realized while I was working that I don't very often make "even" cards. While I always strive for balance, I very rarely have a card that is symmetrical. I like this one though! The quote I chose is one of my favorites. I think it works beautifully here.

Well, I'm off! I still have lots of vacation stuff to do. Have a wonderful weekend...what is left anyway!


Papers- Scenic Route Forest of Plaid; CS by the paper Studio. Stamps- Verve Up, Up, and Awy. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Embellishments- Mark Richards gold metalliques #1983. Pens- Copic E35, G99, B39, B000; Zig Root Beer Float. Font- Gigi 24pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment