Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bugs and Kisses!

Hello Hello! I have a really cute card to show you today before I am off to finish vacation shopping. I am going to be READY for a rest after all the prep that has gone into our trip. Why is that the mom always has to get everyone else ready? When is it that kids start thinking for themselves? Enough about vacation though...I have a card!

Today's card uses 2 stamp sets by Clear Dollar Stamps which I have used for cards here before. I may never get tired of them! I used
Sometimes You're the Bug and Bugs and Kisses. I simply love all the choices these sets provide. The little license plate sayings are my favorites. I wanted to make a basic "Love Ya, Thinkin About Ya" card so it needed to be fun and sweet. I had chosen my DP a while back because it had that groovy kinda 60's feel that reminds me of VW bugs. It was a little busy so I went very simple for my card design overall. There are lots of layers but very little embellishment. So, take a look!

Sorry about the angle of my photo. If I take pictures too late in the day, the sun makes weird shadows on my deck but it is still the brightest place to shoot. I promise the card is straight and even though! I think I might have drained my BG13 Copic marker for this one. Looks like a refill order to Merri Artist after vacation is needed! The sentiment is part of the stamp set so it really was an easy card to put together...no printing the sentiment separately, no choosing something witty to go with my image, etc. I think my kids will be the first recipients of this card. I made extras to list in my Etsy shop so I hope a few hippie chicks come looking. :-D

I will leave you with my supply list and hit the road for some vacation stuff. Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- KaiserCraft Allsorts; teal Cs by DCWV; pink and yellow CS by Paper Co. Inks- Brilliance Graphite Black; SU pixie pink. Tools- CB tags die. Embellishments- 3/8in black grosgrain ribbon by Offray. Pens- Copic 110, C5, C7, BG13, B000.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! You know I love this set, too! :-) Really like the background paper; it coordinates very well.

    ReplyDelete