Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Have you seen my Mojo?

Hello, hello! I'm here and I have a challenge card to share with you. I was very happy to be able to play along with the Mojo Monday #86 challenge this week. I even pulled out some of my lovely Verve stamps in honor of the occasion. Today's card is one of those all purpose, no sentiment kind of cards that we make to have on hand for those last minute notecard situations. I left it without a sentiment and it may even get sent to someone that way but there is still a little room for a short sentiment to be added. We'll see I guess! I made a few extras to sell in my Etsy shop and I guess I will leave those blank unless otherwise requested. So here it is...

I loved the sketch when I saw it on Monday so I knew I had to make a card using it. Sometimes, I just seem to crave even little blocks and symmetry. I found the papers at my local Michael's a few weeks ago so they were right on top of the desk piles. The prints worked perfectly with 2 SU colors too. I inked the flowers to match and I love how they came out. I was worried that the ink would look mottled on these paper flowers because the original dye job was pretty uneven but it came out really nice, in my opinion. Verve stamps just beg me to color them in but I decided to leave these as outline images which works here since the rest of the card is somewhat bold. I felt like the uncolored look made the image a better focal point.

I will do my best to keep current here but just as school is ending for my kids and my schedule should calm down a little, I received 2 rather large custom orders to work on. I can't complain about money being earned but I am a little panicky that the end I thought was near just got pushed back even more. Thank you ever so much to my loyal readers who poke in whenever I get the time to update. I am always tickled pink to see a new comment or to get an email that mentions something I wrote here. You all make my day!

I am off now to get ready for our anniversary dinner out (14 years of wedded bliss!) so I will leave you with my supply list and a cheery good night. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Heidi Grace Celebration of Love and Cherish & Love; SU Pale Plum and Perfect Plum CS; Bazzill bling CS. Stamps- verve Miracles Blossom. Inks- Graphite Brilliance; SU Perfect Plum & Pale Plum. Tools- SU scallop edge punch; SU spring bouquet flower punch; piercer. Embellishments- Kaiser paper flowers; misc buttons; DMC metallic silver floss.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Love those purples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card, I like the colours and layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the button accents. Great job on the Mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete