Friday, March 4, 2011

You can never have too many thank you notes.

There is no such thing as too many thank you notes. It is the one type of card that I seem to need the most. Since the holidays, I have been working to build up my personal card stash so needless to say, I am adding thank you notes as much as possible. Today's note is one of those generic notes that can be sent for a variety of thank you needs and if you just changed the sentiment, the design itself could become another type of card very easily. Take a look...
I saw a similar design at a recent paper crafts show and loved the sketch. I can't wait to try it with a floral pattern and some punch flower embellishments or even brighter prints and a birthday image. My sentiment here is from the very versatile set called Perfect Punches. I have mentioned before how much I love this set because every image coordinates with a matching punch. Here, I used the Scallop Oval punch with the "Thanks" message. I stamped it first on Crumb Cake CS with Always Artichoke ink and then again on Very Vanilla CS. I hand trimmed the center portion of the Vanilla copy and then adhered it to the punched copy for extra emphasis.

The print paper I used here is from the Springtime Vintage DSP. This series of paper is only available for a limited time (until the end of April) so don't miss out on these great prints. I have found so many uses for these gorgeous papers and I will be so disappointed to see them go. I guess I need to stock up! The front panel of Crumb Cake CS is embossed with my Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The punched edge was created with the Eyelet Edge border punch. I added a length of Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon and an Always Artichoke button (sorry, but this type of button is now retired) and I think that just about sums it up for this one.

A new order of goodies arrived today so I have lots of new stamps and papers to play with over the weekend. I hope to make lots of new things for you to see. One thing in particular that I am really looking forward to playing with is the new set called Take a Spin and the darling little Spinner Hands to go with it. These 2 things have been on my wish list since the Occasions Mini came out and I finally ordered them fr myself. If tey are as fun as they look in the catalog, you will be seeing quite a few projects using these 2 products.

Enjoy your Friday and I hope your weekend gets off to a great start. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Simple, but elegant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet & simmple. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card,very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more-- this is simply elegant

    ReplyDelete