Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Glitz

Hi everyone! Another long absence stretch in blogland I am sorry to say. I guess it is just one those times that we all have...one thing after another comes at you and you can't seem to catch up. Various members of my family have been sick and now I have the crud. Oh well. I have a great card to show you though. It has just a touch of sparkle too.
And a side shot to show a little of the sparkle:
I got the idea for this sketch at a recent rubber stamping show and I loved the simplicity. I wanted to come home and use an SU image to create the same look. The tiny butterfly from the new SAB set called Sweet Summer worked really well here. (Just a reminder too....this set will only be available until the end of the month so get it while you can. Any purchase of $50 or more earns you this set for FREE.) I colored them in with Blender Pens and ink pads for a look that is less intense than markers alone. And for a little visual interest, I topped all the wings with some Smooch Pearlized Illuminate Top Coat. This adds a glittery look without the mess and also without changing the base color of your image. The middles of each butterfly are colored in with the Gold Lame Smooch ink. If you haven't tried these inks, you must! They add a lot of appeal for very little work. I am very surprised at how easy they are to use and how well the applicator tip is controlled with minimum effort. I thought they would be hard for someone that could flunk Paint Your Nails 101...the remedial course. ;) I even added some Top Coat to the brads around the sentiment and it worked very well.

That about does it for this card. I will be back TOMORROW with another new card. I can promise that because it is already made and photographed. I might just give a few hints about some new products that will be found in the new Summer Mini catalog which I got to preview today. Very exciting! I also want to holler out a reminder to my Hostess Club girls too. tomorrow night, the 16th is Hostess Club so start putting those orders together. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment