Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome Baby Boy Card with Slice of Life- SU only

Hi folks! march is here already. Can you believe it? The year is already flying by SO fast. My kids get out of school in less than 3 months! I guess it is high time to get a card stash made for those long, hot summer months when the pool is more appealing than my scramp room. Today's card is a start. It seems I need baby cards quite often and I rarely have one made ahead. I decided that i am going to start making a few and just taking turns between girls and boys so I will have plenty for either gender. As you might have guessed from the title above, I started with the guys. Here we go...
That darling little sleeper jumped out at me as soon as I got the Occasions Mini catalog in the mail. This image comes from the Level 1 Hostess set called Slice of Life. I love this set! it is rare that such a versatile, multi item set is offered at Level 1. Usually, the larger all occasion sets are the pricier ones. This set has a little of everything. The images are great for coloring with various mediums or they make great background images to dress up a solid card stock. If you have not taken a look at it, check it out and remember, a minimum $150 workshop order qualifies for this set!

To accent that darling little sleeper, I chose the soft colors of a great plaid which is part of the Pawsitively Prints DSP. If you are part of my hostess clubs, you are probably sick of hearing about this series of DSP. I love this paper pack because it is full of those small print papers that work really well on just about any kind of card. I often tire of using prints that are monochromatic. This DSP combines 1-3 colors on several of the choices in the set. These types of papers often are the jumpstart I need when starting a card. If you ever struggle with color combinations, this group of papers might be the perfect addition to your collection.

The sentiment is from Short & Sweet which has been around for a while and I hope never retires. I turn to it an awful lot when I need wording for a card that is both short and....sweet? Dare I say it? :D I punched the wording out with my Large Oval punch and then hand trimmed a border to make it pop against the background paper. A finishing touch of some Baja Breeze Seam Binding (which can be found in the Occasions Mini catalog)and it is done. Very simple but sure to be appreciated by new parents.

That does it for me today. Check back tomorrow for a super cute birthday card using the owl punch and another new springtime stamp set. Enjoy your day!

1 comment: