Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blossom Party Thank You Note

Hi guys! Slight change of plans for today for 2 reasons...the first reason is that I dropped today's card in the dew covered grass this morning while trying to photograph it and the 2nd reason is that there was a suspected gas leak at my son's school so as I ran out of here to figure things out, I stopped worrying about remaking the card. I know I mentioned an owl birthday card but you'll see it tomorrow. Instead, I am here, late in the day, with another new card until I can fix the owl birthday. Can you forgive me? How about I show you a card to distract you from your dismay? ;)
This card is pretty straight forward. It got made because I noticed my Color Coach sitting on the desk and thumbed through it really quick. While looking, I noticed a combo I had added to my favorites when the new colors premiered back in July. I could not get enough of Concord Crush with various greens and a touch of Crumb Cake thrown in the mix. I used it repeatedly and now I remember why! So, I decided to throw something together for my stash of cards and use this delicious little combo.

With these colors, I wanted to use something easy so immediately I thought of using a Sizzix die and my Big Shot. When I am short on time, I turn to these tools over and over again. The dies I chose for this project are the Swirly border strip and the SU exclusive die called, Blossom Party. The white background is embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder too. As you can see, there is very little stamping on this card and the sentiment could be tailored to several types of greetings with the simple and pretty floral border. I added some leaves which I punched with the Build A Blossom punch found in the Occasions Mini catalog. I chose to use the "thanks" wording from So Happy for You which can be found in the Sale A Bration catalog until March 31st. If you have not taken advantage of the great FREE merchandise found in this year's SAB offerings, now is your chance because we are down to the last month of this fabulous promotion.

To jazz up the simple floral motif, I added a few embellishments to my card for a final touch. The sentiment is accented with 2 brads from the Regals Brads collection (Garden Green) and then the center of the largest flower has a Crumb Cake Designer Button in the middle. I think 3D embellishments can take a blah card to the next level. They give texture and dimension to an otherwise flat paper.

I think that does it for me tonight. I need to go start dinner and ride herd on my kids for the evening. Have a great rest of the day!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wow card for me! Love the embossing and the colors you used

    ReplyDelete