Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello girls! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone has a fabulous day filled with love and fun. I have one last Valentine to show you today before the season of red and pink goes away for a while. By the time this posts, the recipient of this card will have received it from her husband, who asked me to make it for her. I will let her come forward if she chooses ( and reads this post, of course!). Anyway, without further ado...
I hope she loves it and enjoys her day with her darling fella! Meanwhile, I will give you the deets since I have a feeling, that is why you found your way here. I used a rich, Riding Hood Red pattern from the Love Letter DSP along with basic Black and Very Vanilla CS. I added a length of 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain ribbon across the middle to accent the punched heart and sentiment.

The sentiment for this card came from the Filled with Love stamp set which will be available in the next big catalog ( or so I hear). I stamped it and then punched it out using the small oval punch which premiered in the last holiday Mini catalog and will return this summer. It is backed by a small circle (1") and then both are on top of a heart which I punched with the XL Full Heart punch. For a little contrast, I placed them all over a 2 3/8" Scalloped circle that was slightly distressed with some Crumb Cake ink and a Stampin' sponge.

The inside has another heart and a simple, "Be my valentine" message. I hope she loves it and has a wonderful day just as I wish for everyone else. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Do I have the best husband or what? He tried to say he made the card! Good try! Yes I do love the card and the surprise that came with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is just a sweetie! And he did make that card...he just told me I could take credit for it. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. ;)
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and card.

    ReplyDelete