Thursday, February 3, 2011

For You

Hi guys and gals! Well, in all probability I am speaking to just gals but just in case... ;) I have a card for you today and it is super simple. It is one of those cards that you make quickly when you need a last minute greeting for someone special but you are short on time. Take a look!
I apologize for my blurry photo here. I took it quickly before sunset and by the time I went in to edit it for my blog, it was too late to retake it because I had lost the good light outside. The close-up side shot gives a little more clarity:
I have to hurry off but just a few details about this card first:

*The card base is stamped in Crumb Cake ink on Sahara Sand CS. I used the Woodgrain background stamp for a little texture. The edges are sponged with more Crumb Cake ink.

*For color, I chose to use So Saffron, Pear Pizazz, and Baja Breeze. The edges of the leaves, which were punched using the new Build a Blossom punch, were sponged with Old Olive ink.

*The flower image is inspired by the a la carte stamp called For You Flower. Rather than stamp the whole flower, I punched the Saffron part using the coordinating XL Fancy Flower punch. Then, I stamped the image in Baja Breeze, on Very Vanilla CS and punched the middle out using a 1 1/4" circle punch.

* A Marina Mist Designer button and a length of Baja Breeze Seam Binding (Occasions Mini Catalog) finish the card. The button is tied off with a bit of crochet cotton but I could have easily used linen thread as well.

As always, please contact me with any questions about this card or other projects you see here. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: