Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Colors and an Old Favorite

Hi guys! I can't wait to show you today's card. It uses 3 of the new In Colors for 2011-2012. So without further fuss, here ya go...
And a detail shot...
I stamped the image (from the set called Just Believe which will be carried over to the 2011-2012 catalog) in Lucky Limeade onto Naturals White CS. Then, I stamped it again in Pool Party ink onto a scrap of Naturals CS so that the blossoms could be trimmed out. Once trimmed, I glued them over the Limeade image to make it a little more natural looking. The sentiment tag and butterfly are stamped on a bit of Pool Party CS. The embossed background panel in that yummy purple color is Wisteria Wonder. This color looks fabulous with Concord Crush for a monochromatic look or just as good with Daffodil Delight or even Real Red to go a little brighter. I just love this color!

The Crumb Cake card base was stamped with a background image from Confetti and Crumb Cake ink to give it some texture. I added a faux ribbon with a strip of Pool Party CS that I punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. I do want to mention that the tiny butterfly I used is part of the SAB set called Bliss which is now retired. I think one of the small Sizzix Beautiful Butterflies die cuts would have been perfect here but alas, I don't own it. ;)

I think that does it for today. i hope you are enjoying seeing some of the new items from SU!

2 comments: