Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Beautiful a Day Can Be...

...when kindness touches it. This has long been one of my favorite quotes and now SU has gone and put it in a stamp set.Today's card uses a couple of stamp sets but only one of them has that lovely quote. I am having so much fun with my new goodies. This new catalog is my favorite EVER. I am a big fan of sweet, fun, cute, and simple when it comes to stamping. When I see a stamp for the first time, it either registers as "friendly" or "stiff." This catalog overall definitely checks in on the friendly side. I can't wait until it goes live on July 1st and I get to share it with you. Until then, how about a card using some new paper and colors?
And how about a close-up to see more of that gorgeous flower?
The flower is from the Summer Mini set called Flower Fest. I think SU! might have recycled that name but the images are all new. I punched the largest, back layer with the 2 3/8" Scalloped Circe punch and then hand trimmed the other 3 layers. This required that I stamp the flower 4 times, of course. I stamped it in Calypso Coral ink on the same color of CS and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The layers are then popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals to give texture and depth. I added 2 leaves which are made from the new color, Lucky Limeade, and punched with the Build A Blossom punch. You may remember this punch from the recent Occasions Mini catalog. Well, they brought it back for us in the new catalog and it will now be called the Blossom Petals Builder punch.

The lovely quote sentiment is from another Summer Mini set called Touch of Kindness. This is fun set with several sentiments as well as cute images that could be really fun to color if that is your thing.  I have another card that uses a great flower image from it coming up soon. I even used the brand new colored embossing powder on it too so check back soon.

I am off to my day. It is a busy one so I better hurry. Have a great day and stay cool!


2 comments: