Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Spring!


Who could have known how ironic my card and title would be for today since my corner of the Sunny South is getting freezing rain and snow right now. We might be lucky to get a little snow once a year and it looks like it is going to be today. Well, we can just use our imaginations because spring will be here before we know it. I guess this means that March is in like a lion, huh?

So today's card is a tribute to that glorious season...SPRING! I used the Martha Stewart Playful Pinks 12x12 pad. All the papers are so bright and fresh and I love how they coordinate beautifully. I want the blue and yellow one next. For stamps I used the SU Hostess set,
Darling Dots. I love this set! I have not earned it for myself yet so I borrowed my friend's ( an SU demo) set. For my first big order, which will be here tomorrow, YAY!, I chose the Pattern Pack II. I can't wait to play with my new goodies. Tune in next week because I will have lots of new creations using my new stamps and papers.

I think this sketch works well with stamp sets that have several small images that you love all in one set. Sometimes I struggle to find a way to include those types of images all in one card. Ya know, when they look good together but singly they are kinda blah?

I think you know the drill. My supplies are listed below for those that
do. For those that don't, this card and many others are available for purchase in my Etsy shop. I am a little behind in my listing on Etsy so if there is something in particular you want to see there, let me know and I will list it asap. Thank you very much for dropping in to read my scrampy blather. I hope to see you back again very soon!

Papers- Martha Stewart Playful Pinks 12x12 Pad; GA Pacific White. Stamps- SU Darling Dots; Stampendous Happy Spring. Inks- SU Pretty in Pink & Lavendar Lace; Versa Magic Key Lime. Tools- EK (1 1/4 & 1 1/2in) circle punches. Embellishments- fx ribbon from Hobby Lobby; misc buttons.


No comments:

Post a Comment