Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bug or Windshield?

We all have to remember that sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. We all have those days where we get to be the smushed bug having the worst day ever and others it may be our turn to do the smushing. Right? Well, this philosophy is behind today's card. I think I have used the stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps called Sometimes You're the Bug and its companion set called Bugs and Kisses. It is favorite of mine for several reasons. How about we take a look and I will explain.

And the inside of the card...
I have loved this set from the first time I saw it on the CDS site. I saved my pennies and bought it as soon as I could. The set that goes along with it is even more fun. It provides so many additional options like more license plates and even a string of cans to use for a" just married" theme. And as you may know, for me to like a set, it has to be fun to color. It passes that test too!

I was recently lucky enough to have a customer find my Etsy shop and order several of my "bug" cards so I decided to replenish my supply with the design above. The sentiment and image seem to make a popular combo and I have sold lots of these cards. Who wouldn't like to get such a cute card in the mail?

I want to draw your attention to a component of the card other than just the image. Notice that adorable button? Well, it is a bit of a folly for me considering its cost but I LOVED it. I splurged and bought 4 of them so I could use it on a few copies of the same card design. That button was $.75 which doesn't seem like a lot but when you consider the cost of all the materials used on an A2 card, a button that is so pricey really drives up the overhead for my shop. Oh well! It works beautifully and it matched so perfectly. I got it at JoAnn's by the way. They have a whole series of clear/painted buttons that have that artsy, handmade look.

I think that will do it for me today. I still have a few things to tackle so I bid you farewell and wish you a terrific day. Do something fun!

Papers- Paper Studio cool small flowers. Stamps- CDS Bugs & Kisses and Sometimes You're the Bug. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black; SU gable green classic. Tools- SB ribbon tag trio die & long classic scalloped rectangle-lg. Embellishments- purple ribbon (Michael's); 1/8in white satin ribbon (Offray); La Mode buttons. Pens- Copic (110, C3, C5, C7, YG23, YG25, B0000, RV29, spica silver); Zig (pure black).

No comments:

Post a Comment