Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Little Old, A Little New

Hidee Ho, neighbors! I hope your weekend was great! Mine was nice and I got a little bit of work done. I made one new card and finished up some coloring on a few copies of cards that have already been shown here. Nothing exciting but peaceful. For today's card, I wanted to show you because I used one of the Sizzlits dies available from Stampin Up. I ordered it a while back but just got around to using it. I bought it because I was into primas right then and I figured it would make a nice setting for various flowers. Well, today, I am showing you that it makes a nice graphic for a card when used differently than in green and with flowers of some kind. Take a look and then I'll give you a few more details.

The papers I used were new at my Hobby Lobby. I know this is a different look than my normal M.O. but the papers just struck me on the aisle so I came home and made them up right away. I'll be honest I originally planned to pair them with my new MFT Bubble Bin find of Going to the Chapel but the mood created by the papers just wasn't matching the stamp set. I have 4 stamped brides ready to go for next time though! ;)

This will have to be a short post once again. I am off in a hurry again today. Have a great day!

Papers- Paper Studio Black & Cream Damask and Script; SU Ultrasmooth Vanilla (thanks to my cardstock swap pal). Inks- Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. Tools- Quickutz Diamonds & Dots emb folder; Sizzlits Little Leaves die. Embellishments- MM pewter word charms.

1 comment: